SE Asia Travel Map

Sunday, 14 September 2014

Between Borders

I'm not sure if you've seen 'The Terminal' with Tom Hanks.

I'm currently envisioning some kind of developing-world version of that happening to me.

With added discomfort..
Sat in Kansai Airport, having checked in and loaded our luggage onto the plane.

Good point:
- They let us bring the bikes on for free (should have been 400 USD)

Bad points:
- We don't have a return flight, so have been warned that Vietnam might turn us away at the border
- Since I don't have a return date to Japan I have had to sacrifice my Gaijin card and visa

That hole represents the impact of my departure on Japan
This puts me in a situation where I have a one-way flight to a country that may turn me away, and no way to return on a permanent basis. I hear Vietnam aren't too strict on needing a return flight, but still...

Feels like the first time I jumped off the high board. Narrowly avoided a belly flop back then - let's hope my luck holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment